Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 18-The Last Day


The combination of my last assignments involved making cupcakes and learning some new recipes. For these cupcakes, I used the Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcake recipe. The recipe resulted in a delicious smelling apartment and very full cupcakes. I used the cupcake opportunity to practice with piping flowers and some other designs.

Upon the conclusion of this course, I have learned about many types of icing, many types of cakes, how to shape cakes, how to stack cakes, how to keep tiers from sliding, and how to make giant messes. Through reading some books on the history of sugar and cake, I learned about how the traditional wedding cake and groom's cake developed over time.

I'm excited to continue learning about cake decorating in my spare time (maybe after graduation). I now own an arsenal of baking supplies, and am certain I am just beginning my cake cook book collection.

1 comment: