Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 15-Theme cake day 1

My assignment today was to make a theme cake. Because we're supposed to have a huge ice/snow storm tonight, I decided to make a winter themed cake. After spending half the morning looking for a snowflake cookie cutter (which apparently are out of season in January?), I set out to make a two tier cake. After making a two tier cake a few days ago, I decided that I wanted each layer to be taller on the next multi-tier cake. Instead of having two layers for each tier, I am trying to make each tier three layers.

I spent the rest of the day working on my cake layers. I decided to make the homemade cake again because the layers are taller. The smell of cinnamon is still a little overpowering, but I now have seven layers of cake cooling on the counter. Tomorrow, I will try to stack them and decorate my cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment