Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 6-Buttercream






Today, my assignment was to practice using butter cream. After getting attached to the colors I used yesterday, I stayed with the same color scheme and also used the opportunity to get more practice with fondant flowers. Between all the colors I used and the cupcakes I decorated, I used an entire box of butter. I tried not to think too much about that as I worked on my cupcakes.

Because I have used butter cream several times already, I didn't have too difficult of a time today. However, the icing was a little too thin and soft and was a little droopy. I probably should have thickened it with a little more sugar, or turned down the heat in our apartment. For my next butter cream adventure, I am planning on trying rolled butter cream. I am hoping that it will handle like fondant, but taste better.

3 comments:

  1. Your cakes look so good! My birthday is in 36 days, just in case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you are keeping the apartment too hot for icing lil kath. cupcakes look maaaarvelous. miss you lots
    meg n al

    ReplyDelete