Thursday, January 14, 2010
Today, my assignment was to practice using butter cream. After getting attached to the colors I used yesterday, I stayed with the same color scheme and also used the opportunity to get more practice with fondant flowers. Between all the colors I used and the cupcakes I decorated, I used an entire box of butter. I tried not to think too much about that as I worked on my cupcakes.
Because I have used butter cream several times already, I didn't have too difficult of a time today. However, the icing was a little too thin and soft and was a little droopy. I probably should have thickened it with a little more sugar, or turned down the heat in our apartment. For my next butter cream adventure, I am planning on trying rolled butter cream. I am hoping that it will handle like fondant, but taste better.